Thursday, January 25, 2018

Homestyle Decorating with Priscilla



It's pretty neat to see how you can take an old piece of
Furniture and create an authentic looking masterpiece!
Of course, just like Creation, it doesn't just happen. But
With a little work and God-given inspiration and creativity
The results can really be quite exciting! This week I worked on re-painting my bedroom furniture- all of different colors since they were bought at yard sales, etc.. to look like a matching country bedroom suite! And I love the rustic, weathered barn-wood look I was able to come up with!

First I applied a light base coat of Flat Amazon jungle green paint for the under color. Then when that was dry I dry brushed the Flat white over top! Yes, it's that easy! A great way to freshen up that old piece of furniture you've had for years :)

How to paint your own rustic furniture:


                                       
1st i started with my base coat using a flat paint sheen. For these projects it was an Amazon green color... Then I let it dry... Now we're ready for the fun part!!! :):):)



What a fun way to add a warm homey touch to your room!


The finished products now in place and I couldn't be any more satisfied with the outcome!! Thank you Jesus, for creating us to be creators and shine forth the glory of You!!

Before...


After...


Wow!!!


As you can see, white is the more dominating color... The Amazon green totally didn't match the pesto green room by itself, being too dark, but this way it blends in perfectly!


So much nicer!!!


Now it's your turn!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year 2019!!!!

New Year blessings to everyone!!!  Please forgive my tardiness. I have had a great summer last year, seeing God's hand at work in our fa...